Thursday, January 10, 2008

Topic Change

I was originally going to do Irish Immigration as my NHD topic because I am Irish and I never looked into my Irish background so I thought this might be cool to find out what kind of stuff my Great Grandparents had to go through. As I began studying about the Irish I soon found out that I could not find any good information and I really wasn't into this project. I then thought that I should change my topic and I decided that Cuban Immigration would be better. I am also Cuban and I have done many projects on cuba for other classes. I live with my grandmother who immigrated here from cuba when she was young and she knows a lot about Castro and Cuba. This project has turned out to be better for me, I have found lots of sources, interviewees, and I over all just fell good about this project. Hopefully I will present it well.

1 comment:

Mr. Ackerman said...

Have you been to the Irish Famine memorial near Penn's landing? It is really powerful.