Thursday, February 28, 2008

National History Day

This year for NHD Maurice and I did an exhibit on Cuban Immigration. I thought it was very hard this year. I was not motivated at all so I procrastinated until the VERY last minute. I did nothing all throughout the workshop time but I wish that I did. I thought it was dificult to get the information I wanted to go on the board so I think next year I will try to get my stuff done earlier and narrow my topic to exactly what I want to present, not find information on a million things and use just one. I had no trouble putting the board together because I started that early, working during lunch and humanities. We advanced to the City round so I guess we did pretty good even though we had no idea what we were doing. Next year I think I might want to make a documentary but its possible that I just do an exhibit again. I will probably work by myself or maybe me and Mo might work together again. We worked together last year and we we seem to get along well. but I probably wouldn't work with anybody else. Over all I don't enjoy NHD, I think it is a huge stress and it takes away from the rest of school. Because of all the hype of NHD my grade in one class dropped 2 letter grades so I think the teachers need to work on a way to still have classes and NHD at the same time or stop classes all together and just have NHD. But I don't know its not my call.

No comments: