Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Of Mice and Men Quiz

1) Could the events that happened in the book have happened in 2008?
Yes I think things like this could happen. Things are a little bit different but I'm sure there are still field workers and laborers and all they do is work not really having any life.

2) What circumstances would you change if you had been the author of Of Mice and Men?
I think I would have had people come onto the ranch looking for Lennie and George but Slim would have gotten them to go away but Curly would think something fishy was going on. It would have given the book more conflict and story.

3) What questions would you ask John Steinbeck if you had the chance to talk to him about the book?
I would ask him what was his inspiration for this book and did any of the characters mirror people that he actually knew.

4) Would the information in this book be useful if you where a worker in 1930s California? How would you use it?
Well I would no not to get on the wrong side of my boss, keep to myself, and have a plan that I'm working for. I wouldn’t want to just be working and nothing else, I would want to work like Lennie and George did so they could be happy.

5) Which events could have happened if Slim had been getting with Curly's wife?
Well if Slim was with her she might not have wanted to always be talking to Lennie and George. OR Slim could have tried to blame George and say that it was him messing around and not himself.

6) What is another way that the story could have ended?
Well after George killed Lennie e could have bought the farm himself because him and Lennie were supposed to get the farm together and it wouldn't be the same if he did it be himself.

7) What was the underling theme of Of Mice and Men?
I think the underlying theme was right there in the title "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry"
Even if you make the best plans they can still get messed up and even when things look perfect you have to watch out.

8) Why did they let Candy in on their plans?
Because Candy had no family just like them and he also had a lot of money. With Candy’s help they would be able to buy the farm in one month which was a lot faster then they had expected.

9) What do you think George was thinking when he found out Lennie had killed Curly's wife?
I don’t really know what someone thinks when someone dies at the hands of another, but I think he was probably really shocked, upset, and he could probably only try to think of plans to get Lennie out of that mess. And he was probably thinking about their plans and how they are all over.

10) What were some motives behind Curly's wife talking to all the men?
Curly's wife was obviously lonely. Curly wasn’t a vary good husband and she was the only girl on that farm. If I was married to Curly I would probably talk to the other men too. She had plans before she got married and I think that she just wanted to be around people that could understand being disappointed.

No comments: